ELEMUrheberrecht: © STB
Composite Bridges with Prefabricated Decks
Regarding the design and construction of bridges, in addition to safety and serviceability issues, questions of sustainability, maintenance and durability become more and more important.
The overall objective of this project is to improve competitiveness of composite bridges by an elaboration of new cost effective, time effective and sustainable bridge structures.
To allow for a prefabrication of the concrete deck, a new concept with dry joints between the elements is investigated and developed.
The shear transmission between steel and concrete and between the deck elements will be investigated and new solutions will be elaborated and tested. A detailed program is conceived to verify these innovations. As part of this program, their durability and utilisability will be proven to obtain competitive composite bridges.
- Ramböll Sverige AB, Sweden
- Luleå University of Technology (LTU), Division of Structural Engineering, Sweden
- SSF-Ingenieure GmbH, Germany
- Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Division of Bridge Engineering, Sweden
- Rautaruukki Oyj, Ruukki Construction, Finland
- Wroc?aw University of Technology (PWr), Poland
Duration of project
07/2008 - 06/2011