High Steel Tubular Towers for Wind Turbines
The project objectives are to promote the innovation studied and to disseminate conclusions developed during the research project, HISTWIN. The innovative aspects of the project were optimization of the use
of higher strength steels and the improvement of fatigue behaviour using newly developed bolted connections. The tower for wind turbines often has the hub height (80-100 m) and it is assembled with 2 connections.
New software solutions for easier design of the tubular towers’ most common failure modes are
developed. The design manual, web page for dissemination of publications, modern software solutions and workshops will be created.
RFCS - Research Fund for Coal and Steel
- Luleå University of Technology - Division of Steel Structures - Sweden
- University of Coimbra - Department of Civil Engineering - Portugal
- ARISTOTELIO PANEPISTIMIO THESSALONIKIS
- CONVENTION EUROPEENNE DE LA CONSTRUCTION ASBL
- FOSTA -Forschungsvereinigung Stahlanwendung e.V.
Duration of project
07 / 2014 - 06 / 2015